Magaluf beach contract termination backed by Consell Consultiu
The Consell Consultiu has backed Calvià Town Hall’s move to permanently terminate the Magaluf beach services contract in Calvià, Mallorca, after the operator allegedly failed to pay the required fees. The advisory body published its opinion on Thursday, 20 August 2026, finding Dahitini Events, SL had committed a serious breach while commercially operating the beach in 2024 and 2025.
The body said disagreement over the sums set by the council did not excuse non-payment, particularly as the company continued to collect charges linked to the services during both seasons. It also described the concessionaire’s conduct in settling the fees as clearly obstructive.
Revised fees after delayed operation
Dahitini Events, SL was awarded the four-year concession in April 2024, with an annual fee of €1.2 million. Later that year, it sought a review, saying that the contract had been signed and operations had begun much later than expected.
Works on Magaluf beach promenade also led the council and operator to agree that temporary facilities would be removed in October. Calvià Town Hall subsequently reduced the 2024 fee to €1.1 million and set the 2025 amount at €872,700, adding €163,900 in compensation for income the company was unable to earn while works continued.
A municipal decree of 11 December 2025 made those figures final and rejected the company’s request for a substantially larger reduction.
Appeals against payment demands
According to the opinion, the operator declined to pay the amounts set by the council and repeatedly challenged them, each time seeking a precautionary suspension of collection.
The Consell Consultiu said the company had lodged a range of appeals while maintaining that it did not need to provide a guarantee. It concluded that this approach had hindered progress on determining the fee and supported the council’s decision to end the concession.
Source: Europa Press / Mallorca.com