Man arrested over six Palma burglaries
Spanish National Police have arrested a man in Palma, Mallorca, over six alleged forced-entry burglaries at homes and garages. Police said on 20 August that items worth more than €8,000 were taken in the incidents.
The force's robbery unit began investigating five reported burglaries at homes and parking facilities in central Palma during August. CCTV footage indicated that the same person may have been involved, police said.
Ground-floor homes and garages targeted
According to the Balearic Islands Higher Police Headquarters, the suspect allegedly forced entry doors at ground-floor homes. In one case, he reportedly climbed to reach a window.
He is also accused of breaking through metal barriers to enter two garages. The five initial complaints concerned cash, electronic devices, mobile phones and other valuables worth more than €8,000.
Stolen device signal led officers to Son Gotleu
Police were alerted on Tuesday to another forced entry at a home in Rafal, Palma, where an electronic device with location tracking had been taken. Officers followed its signal to a street in Son Gotleu, Palma, and found a man crouching while handling a rucksack.
The bag contained electronic equipment, a tablet, a mobile phone and clothing that had been reported stolen shortly beforehand, with an estimated value of about €4,000. Images supplied by the home's alarm company allegedly showed the suspect forcing a terrace door, and police said his physical description matched the man detained.
Source: Europa Press / Mallorca.com